Guarrenteed Travel Assurance Plan
So many Americans are away from home these days for business, family visits and recreation. Traveling has become second nature to most of us and we tend to forget that when we're away from home... anything can happen. Everyone is increasingly mobile, enjoying more travel for vacation, business, and retirement.
- 80% of Americans (over 18) take a trip 100 miles or more away from home that lasts at least one night or more a year.
- Over 50% of international travel is performed by senior citizens.
Also, Americans find themselves away from home more often than ever before because:
- Grandchildren and other family members are more spread out than ever before;
- Employees are retiring early and are on the road, enjoying new experiences away from home; and,
- People with medical conditions are seeking treatment in distant medical centers.
Key Benefits of our Guarranteed Travel Assurance Plan
- Return of Mortal Remains when you're 100 miles or more away from your *legal residence
- Identification of a local, licensed funeral home, mortuary or direct disposition facility
- Preparation of the deceased for transport
- Close involvement with your originally selected receiving funeral home or mortuary to make sure your pre-arrangement wishes are fulfilled
- Transportation to return the deceased to the originally selected funeral home or mortuary
- All documents including customs documents or diplomatic issues involved anywhere in the world
- Rigorous management of all cases to ensure the highest quality of services
- Set procedures for the time of need so there will be no added stress due to any uncertainty about what to do
- Emergency message transmission
- Assist with the return of accompanying pets
Access to bereavement counseling when traveling 100 miles or more away from legal residence
*Legal residence is defined as the place of residence of 180 or more days in the twelve months preceding the date of death. It will require verification through voter registration, driver's registration, and/or other means. A nursing home will be deemed the residence if the stay there has exceeded 180 days.
If Member enrollment of GTAP occurs while 100 miles away from the legal residence, return of remains benefit becomes effective upon the Member's return to the legal residence for subsequent travel.
Contact us at Wenner Funeral Home for more information.